Software is used in four main areas in Quantitative Finance:
- Derivatives Pricing and Hedging (see for instance PREMIA)
- Derivatives Pricing
- Risk control
- Value at Risk
- Copula models
- Quantitative trading
- High Frequency Finance
- Market impact models
- Market economic modelling
- Game theory
The most commonly used languages are:
The most used algorithms are:
 Financial Data providers
A crucial point in quantitative finance is to have access to accurate data.
The main data provider are:
- Thomson Financial
- See for instance the Matlab Thomson Financial DataStream data access article.
- Rapid Development and Deployment of a Financial Application (Matlab)
- The Thomson Datastream Research Extranet
- The Quantitative Finance Code Index
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Quantitative finance"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.